Friday, August 21, 2009

My Room Mate




My room mate's kind of a short, chubby guy with a slightly mohawked afro and perfectly circled eyes -- like they were drawn -- and really dark, evened out skin. He's friendly, a little masculine, but not an overly exaggerated masculine. The first thing he did when he moved in was shake my hand and ask if he woke me up (it was pass 10:00 o'clock). I'm not sure if he's interested in being friends, because he hasn't slept overnight yet, and he doesn't say goodbye when he leaves; he just walks out hastily. That's a tad ominous in the south -- to not speak when you enter or leave a room, even more so if it's a friend or roommate or someone you're dealing with everyday. But on the plus side, he's not intrusive in the least bit. I don't see him stealing any of my things or snooping around where he doesn't belong. I've left my laptop out, and it wasn't bothered. There's a bottle of quarters I use for the laundry machine downstairs, and it hasn't been tampered with. He's also pretty messy (like me), so I gather he won't be nagging me about my unkept bed when he has dirty clothes left on his. I'm sure we'll get along and might even become friends. I mean, why not? He even brought in a T.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment