Saturday, August 15, 2009

Amel Larrieux - Have You



To answer Larrieux's question, as asked in the refrain of her song "Have You", yes, I HAVE actually been wanting to hear that someone else is feeling the way I do. Having moved into my dorm and away from family, I feel a little bewildered in this new environment. I'm making a lot of dumb mistakes, sorta like the ones Larrieux confesses to in this new song. During one verse, Larrieux woefully reflects on her past decisions, singing, "I spilled secrets by accident. I kept some that I wish I hadn't," and in another verse, Larrieux confesses, jokingly, "I forgotten to pay my parking tickets." Throughout the song, Larrieux discusses her shear embarrassment in making light-hearted mistakes, as well as more deeply personal ones, maintaining her honesty from the first, to the very last lyric of the song. Amel Larrieux's new song, "Have You", a potential single from her currently unreleased fifth studio album, is sure to leave a warm impression on those privileged enough to have discovered this gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment